img { max width: 950px; width: expression(this.width > 950 ? 950 true); :
CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Reagans 4th Grade Track Meet

 I guess I get the lame mother award. Some how I left my camera at home. We then took a few shots with Jim's phone. Reagan's 4th grade  Hershey track meet was and exciting event. Here is she is with her friend Storri waiting to throw the softball.
 Reagan had practiced at home for the softball throw. It paid off  the girls we watched were throwing it around 25 to 30 feet. Reagan got up and threw it 98 feet.
The  ladies that were standing there measuring were standing so close. Jim said you might want to back up a little. They took a few small steps and gave us that look like whatever! After she threw it they were OH OK! She definitely won first place.
 She did well in all her races she won her heats and then placed 3rd in her semi-finals
We kept telling her don't look at the other runners just look ahead . She obviously never listened!

Reagan chillin on the bleachers with her class.



Makoy loves to go support her sisters.

Brylee called me and said she wasn't feeling well. At first I thought,  does she think I am stupid. She is just trying to get out of school and come to Reagan's track meet. Then I heard it in her voice she was crying. Brylee doesn't cry. I told her to wait a minute and I would come in between races and get her. When I finally got there to get her she looked terrible and had been crying. She said her head hurt and she felt shaky and weird.  I didn't have time to run her home before Reagan's next race so I told her that she could lay on the blanket or lay in the car. She said she would lay on the blanket. Then she was standing next to me a couple of minutes 
later panicked she said she was gonna puke. I quickly directed her across the field to a garbage can that was hidden where nobody was. She never puked so I told her to lay down that Reagan just had her relay race left and we could go home. It was weird she would n't follow my directions. She kept saying I feel weird my head hurts really bad.  I said Bry lay down and you will feel better. She looked at me weird and just stared at me. Then she said "my numb is tongue" I looked at her and realized everything she said was jumbled. I had that panicky feeling . Holy cow she is having a stroke or something. I was then feeling guilty like I didn't pay enough attention to the situation.  I quickly got Jim and told him what was  going on. He stayed to watch Reagan  and Brylee and I raced of to the urgent care. When I walked in I quickly told them what was happening, trying to fight back the tears but not succeeding. They said they couldn't help us that we needed to go to the emergency room. I didn't feel good about that. We had just changed our insurance to a $10,000 deductible. I knew we would be paying for everything. I quickly called her pediatrician and they said to come over and they would fit her in.  On the drive over she kept saying weird stuff  like how long did I take a nap for . I said Bry you never took a nap. We just barley left the track meet. She seemed like a little child so confused at everything.  When we got there they weighed her and put us in a room where we sat for what seemed like forever. She started crying and said mom is Dr. Bennett going to get mad at me that I weigh 330 lbs. I said Brylee you don't weigh that much and she looked at me so confused. He ran some different tests on her looked deep into her eye. He said she is having something that is called a confusional migrane. He asked if she had ever had something like this before. That it can be hereditary. We got her some advil  and he said a dark room and sleep are the best thing for it. He said to watch for the signs of what sets it off. We later remembered that exactly a year ago she was at a last day of school party with her friends she had only been there for 20 min. and she was crying saying that she felt weird and tingly  and her head hurt to come and get her. She went home and slept it off. I thought she had a headache or a weird sickness.  But because she was able to sleep it off we never knew. I then googled it and couldn't believe how many people suffer from it and that it happens to girls mostly and that they first start happening when their hormones are starting to change. Jim said he remembers having something like that when he was young as well and so has Uncle Matt and Aunt Heide. Luckily they have only had it twice in their life except for Matt. He gets terrible migraines on occasion still.


Reagan and her relay team. I don't even know how they did with the chaos of Brylee's cituation. I am sure they did well.


Here is Reagan running in her semi finals. She took 3rd and did an awesome job!


Here is her first race of the day.




1 comment:

Sorensen's said...

I am having fun reading all of your posts. Miss you guys like crazy...