img { max width: 950px; width: expression(this.width > 950 ? 950 true); :
CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 18, 2008

The Dance

I have to tell you how funny and embarrassing my husband can be. This Saturday was our wards annual Elders Quorum prime rib dinner (they have it for Valentines, it’s excellent food!) They had live entertainment, mostly country music going on through out dinner, then they cleared a few tables in the center because they wanted everyone to dance. We all know it is a little awkward to get the dance going. My friend Cindy and her husband (He is the Elders Quorum Pres.) & one of his counselors and wife motioned everyone to join them as they started to do a country swing dance, but no one joined in. So after two songs they gave up and sat down. Then a few older couples finally went out there and started doing all these funky little country 2 step waltz type dances. So Jim says, “Come on, lets go out there and dance to show some support,” I said, “Jim we don't know how to dance like that.” ( thankfully it was a slow song) So we get out there and he starts doing the wave worm thing with his arms, everybody is laughing and looking at us and I'm like come on Jim be serious as he breaks out the running man I am laughing so hard I can't even talk then he grabs me up close and starts slow dancing but wait, the tricks aren't over, as my backside is facing our Bishop's table he slides his hand down on my butt, everyone was laughing. I was laughing and crying at the same time. Good thing our Bishop has a sense of humor! He did come over and tease that he was going to have to ask for our recommends back. Maybe people don’t need to hire entertainment, just invite Jim!

1 comment:

Kath said...

I CANNOT stop laughing. That is the funniest thing I have ever heard. I can totally picture him doing it, too. I bet your Bishop was totally cracking up!